MILLY is a New York based fashion brand that specializes in women’s ready-to-wear, eveningwear, accessories, swimwear, and childrenswear. The MILLY collection epitomizes young luxury. Designer and founder Michelle Smith transforms classic silhouettes by merging American sportswear influences with distinctive Parisian atelier techniques to create a bold, modern collection with a feminine edge. Smith's eye for impeccable detail, use of luxurious, cutting-edge fabrics and precise tailoring have made MILLY a cult favorite across the globe.
• Must be currently enrolled in school and eligible to receive school credit
• Must be available minimum of 16 hours per week
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook programs
• Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong passion and enthusiasm for fashion design and trends
• Ability to work in a team environment
The Design department is responsible for creating original designs across all product categories and manage the design process from conception to finished garment. The designers work cross functionally with Production, Sales and Marketing throughout the product life-cycle.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Assist in researching seasonal trends, color and inspiration
• Help to maintain and organize samples and projects
• Work on embroidery and print layouts, flat sketches, and sewing projects
• Source trims and fabrics
• Work with cross-functional team members in sales, marketing and production